Workshops in Sarasota, FL
This is the original Color and Energy Workshop held in the US since 2011. With years of classical painting experience and studying energy with shamans, you'll learn how to paint what you see and feel using high vibrational color to express yourself. Better understand what color communicates. Isn't it time to get over any fear of color you might still have or embrace color more fully?
Choose either: a two and half day Color Workshop or ..a two and a half day Plein Air workshop or ...starting in Oct. you can combine the two into a five day workshop.
Oil, pastel or acrylic (slow drying) welcome. Try Linda's new set of 80 Jack Richeson handrolled pastels. click here
Plein air painting segment is both in the studio and outdoors. Linda has been painting en plein air almost exclusively since 2002. As a Signature member of the International, NY and now California Plein Air Painters she is well equipped to teach you fundamental and advanced skills while outdoors. She came up with a way to create fast color studies that you will experience on day one and take out into the field to practice.
Oct. 2 10am - 12pm Demo (Clouds) 1pm - 4 pm Paint outdoors
Oct. 3 10am - 12pm / 1pm - 4 pm Paint outdoors (weather permitting)
Oct. 4. 9 am - 12pm. outdoors (weather permitting)
* Review of the 6 steps to make a stronger painting before you start your painting
* Understand how value and color plays a role in atmospheric perspective to increase depth in your paintings
* Add energy to your work by understanding color saturation's effect on our mood and energy.
*Add energy using color.
The Color and Energy Segment covers basic and advanced color lessons to upgrade your color knowledge and success in creating harmonious and exciting paintings. Each color workshop during the year deals with different topics, different demos featuring clouds, trees, land, water, people, etc. and exercises. Each workshop has exercises to choose from depending on your skill level, each year they are all a bit new so you can attend them all and learn the most.
Oct. 4 2pm - 5pm Demo - Skies
Oct. 5 10am - 4 pm (in studio)
Oct. 6 10am - 4 pm (in studio)
* Review of the color wheel
* Mix prismatic colors and understand color theory
* Improve your color harmonies
* Understand and practice how to mix color according to value
* Expand color confidence with a variety of exercises in a study book created by Linda
* New exercises with each session
October 2, 3, 4, (Plein Air)
October 4, 5, 6 (Color)
Early bird price ends August 30th
Nov. 27, 28, 29 (Plein Air)
Nov. 29, & 30, Dec.1, 2018 (Color part 2)
Early bird price ends Sept.30th
☐ Workshop Cancellation Policy
* Up to 60 days, the workshop is refundable less the PayPal charges. Up to 30 days prior to workshop, the workshop less 50%. Up to 14 days prior to the workshop, there is no refund for full payment unless you find another person to take your place. Your workshop is 100% refundable if you find a replacement person who pays in full and attends the workshop.
Each workshop is limited to less than 10 participants.
(texting ok for questions) or Contact Linda at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Register at the link above.
You will receive free sample products to use at the workshop from the companies sponsoring my events. These are the products I use and love the most. If taking the color workshop only you do not need an outdoor plein air easel. A small table easel is fine or bring your own easel for indoor work. There are two easels in the studio for students to use. If painting outdoors, you will need a plein air easel.
Announcing... the Linda Richichi Signature Pastel Set of 80 of Linda's favorite colors in the Color and Energy set now available at: (click) Art and Frame of Sarasota.
Sponsors of the workshop include: