Workshops in Sarasota, FL
Learn to paint not only what you see but also what you feel when in nature or in the studio.
Since 2011 Linda has held her Color and Energy Workshop in the US. Isn't it time to get over any fear of color you might still have or embrace color more fully?
Choice either painting outdoors en Plein Air or in the Color and Energy Segment which covers basic and advanced color lessons to upgrade your color knowledge and success in creating harmonious and exciting paintings. Each color workshop during the year deals with different topics, different demos featuring clouds, trees, land, water, people, etc. Enjoy different exercises depending on your skill level.
NOVEMBER 2018 or FEBRUARY 2019
in beautiful and cultural Sarasota, FL
a two and half day Plein Air workshop
a two and a half day Color (in the studio workshop)
or take both for an intensive five day Plein Air /Color & Energy workshop and save.
Oil, pastel or acrylic (slow drying) welcome. Try Linda's new set of 80 Jack Richeson handrolled pastels and when registered for the workshop, ask for the discount coupon from Art & Frame. click here
Plein air painting preparation. This segment is both in the studio and outdoors (weather permitting). Linda has been painting en plein air almost exclusively since 2002. As a Signature member of the International, NY and now California Plein Air Painters she is well equipped to teach you fundamental and advanced skills while outdoors. She came up with a way to create fast color studies that you will take out into the field to practice or use in the studio. Receive a free study booklet with the course and concentrate on making strong studies.
Tuesday 10am - 12pm Demo - Setting up for plein air and pointers in am session. Afternoon session demo / paint along while creating a strong study of trees 1pm - 4 pm
Wednesday 10am - 12pm / 1pm - 4 pm Paint outdoors (weather permitting) or in the studio in front of the large windows with a view to beautiful outdoor trees.
Thursday. 9 am - 12pm. outdoors (weather permitting)
* Review of the 6 steps to make a stronger painting before you start your painting
* Understand how value and color plays a role in atmospheric perspective to increase depth in your paintings
* Add energy to your work by understanding color saturation's effect on our mood and energy.
*How to capture trees with movement and volume.
COLOR WORKSHOP IN THE STUDIO
Thursday 2pm - 5pm Demo - Mixing and using color in your studies
Friday 10am - 4 pm (in studio)
Saturday 10am - 4 pm (in studio)
* Review of the color wheel
* Mix prismatic colors and understand color theory
* Learn how skies reflect onto the leaves of trees.
* Understand and practice how to mix color according to value
* Expand color confidence with a variety of exercises in a study book created by Linda included in the course.
Feb. 19,20,21 (Plein Air)
Feb. 21,22,23 (Color in studio only)
$350 each segment
Register before Dec. 30th and Save $50 on each session. After Dec. 30th, both sessions are $627 and each session will be $350.
5 full days - $600 until Dec. 30th.
☐ Workshop Cancellation Policy
* Up to 60 days, the workshop is refundable less the PayPal charges. Up to 30 days prior to workshop, the workshop less 50%. Up to 14 days prior to the workshop, there is no refund for full payment unless you find another person to take your place. Your workshop is 100% refundable if you find a replacement person who pays in full and attends the workshop.
Each workshop is limited to less than 10 participants.
(texting ok for questions) or Contact Linda at : email@example.com
Register at the link above.
You will receive free sample products to use at the workshop from the companies sponsoring my events. These are the products I use and love the most. If taking the color workshop only you do not need an outdoor plein air easel. A small table easel is fine or bring your own easel for indoor work. There are two easels in the studio for students to use. If painting outdoors, you will need a plein air easel.
Announcing... the Linda Richichi Signature Pastel Set of 80 of Linda's favorite colors in the Color and Energy set now available at: (click) Art and Frame of Sarasota.
Sponsors of the workshop include: