Workshops in Sarasota, FL
March 1 ,2, 3 2018
Color, how do you create prismatic paintings that are high energy? Join us to discover how to work with color, how to create colorful neutrals and how to help your colors sing.
March 1, 2 & 3
* Review of the 6 steps before you start your painting
* The color wheel, mixing prismatic colors and understanding color theory
* Improve your color harmonies
* Understand how to mix color according to value
* Expand color confidence with a variety of exercises
* Understand how color plays a role in atmospheric perspective to increase depth in your paintings
* Add energy to your work by understanding color saturation's effect on our mood.
*Learn to glaze with color for more depth in your work.
* The deposit in non-refundable unless you find another person to take your place. Up to 60 days prior to workshop, the workshop less the deposit is refundable. After 60 days, there is no refund for full payment unless you find another person to take your place. Your workshop is 100% refundable if you find a replacement person who pays in full and attends the workshop.
Schedule: March 1, 2 & 3
6:30 pm- 8:00 pm Welcome session with introductions, first lesson about Color Theory and exercises in mixing paints at Linda's studio in Burns Court, Sarasota.
9:30am-noon Oil Demo; Design, value and initial color block in.
1:00-4:30pm Painting on location with help at the easel
9:30am-noon. A painting demo focusing on advanced color theory- follow along. Q & A
1:00 pm 3:30 pm Painting with Linda's help at the easel
3:30 - 4 pm Demo on glazing, group critique Q & A
4pm - 4:30om Review and closing
Each workshop is limited to 9 participants.
TUITION $350 A non-refundable deposit $150 holds your place
Must be paid in full if registering two weeks prior to class starting.
(texting ok for questions)
Register at the link above.
You will receive free sample products to use at the workshop from the companies sponsoring my events. These are the products I use and love the most.
Sponsors of the workshop include: